Are you planning to buy your first home in Blaine, Minnesota? There are some basic things I would like to share with you about Blaine homes for sale to help ensure you avoid some of the biggest mistakes many first time home buyers make. With some simple preparation you can avoid some of the most painful pitfalls.
Blaine As A Community
When looking for a great suburb of the Twin Cities to buy a home in, make the city of Blaine one of your possibilities. With a very active Park and Rec department Blaine offers a wide variety of employment as well as things to do. As a bustling suburb of the Twin Cities, the population of Blaine has more than doubled since the 1980 census. Mostly located in the County of Anoka, some portions of Blaine can be found in Ramsey county as well. Take a moment to watch this brief video which is put together by the city of Blaine. If you are thinking about about buying or selling Blaine homes for sale, please take a moment to send me an email or pick up the phone and give me a call.
1) Get preapproved for mortgage financing first! I have met far too many first time buyers who find a home first, only to find out they do not yet qualify for financing. It can be an extraordinarily painful experience to go through the work of finding the ideal home only to find out you are not yet ready to qualify for a home loan. You can get preapproved with my preferred MN mortgage lender right over the phone. There is no cost and no obligation so why not start the process immediately?
2) Get educated about the process of buying a home as soon as you can. You can learn a great deal at a first time home buyer seminar or at a Home Stretch Worshop available through many communities around the Twin Cities. There is so much to know about the home buying process that it is well worth it to learn as much about it as you can…and as early as you can.
3) Get a home inspection on the house you are planning to buy. While a home inspection is not required it can sometimes reveal major potential problems in the home before you are fully committed to the purchase. I will help you negotiate a transaction with a contingency upon a professional home inspection that is satisfactory to you so that if the inspection reveals problems, you can back out of the transaction within a specified period of time. Some first time buyers will skip buying the house inspection because of the cost involved. I think the cost of the inspection is a great value when compared to making a purchase of a home with so many problems that it becomes a money pit.
4) Please take care of your credit after preapproval for mortgage financing. After you have received your preapproval for mortgage financing your Minnesota mortgage company still might need to check your credit again. Make your payments on time and do not open up new debts. Additionally, avoid additional credit inquiries after your preapproval to avoid a reduction to your credit score.
5) Be aggressive when shopping for home insurance. If you were to call 3 different homeowner’s insurance companies you will get 3 quotes that could vary by as much as double! Immediately after your loan application you should start your search for insurance and get a few different quotes.
First Step To Buy A Home: Get Preapproved
For many MN first time home buyers the big, intimidating question is where do I start the process? Your first step to home ownership is to get prequalified for a home loan. In so doing you will find out how much you are qualified for so that we can research homes in a comfortable price range.
Look at Blaine homes, townhomes, and condos. Best map search available.
Licensed Realtor in Minnesota
Keller Williams Realty
2680 E Snelling Drive North
Roseville, MN 55113
With a focus on Saint Paul Homes for Sale