Summer is right around the corner (at least we think and hope) and the City of Roseville has put out the Top 12 Most Common Code Complaints. Code complaints can be made by anyone. It is up to the homeowner and the City of Roseville to correct any complaints filed.
Common Summertime Code Complaints for the City of Roseville:
- Properties in Roseville must be kept in good repair.
- Grass and weeds must be cut to 8 inches of less in height.
- Fences on residential properties in Roseville may not be more than 4 feet tall in the front yard and 6 feet, 6 inches in the side and backyard.
- Special fencing is required around swimming pools to control access and provide safety.
- Garbage and recycling containers must be stored out of sight except on collection day.
- Junk, machinery, household items, lumber, trash, debris etc. cannot be stored outdoors.
- Single axle trailers can be stored indefinitely in side or backyards, but only up to three days at a time in the front yard.
- Boats can be stored indefinitely in side or backyards. Boats less than 20 feet in length and on a trailer can be stored on front driveway.
- Vehicles must be licensed and operable – if it’s not, store in garage.
- Vehicles must be parked on an approved hard surface (not grass).
- Trucks with a capacity of over 2,000 lbs cannot park on a residential property or residential street for more than 2 hrs at a time.
- Vehicles for sale on private property must be registered to property owner or occupant.
Roseville’s City Code is available at www.CityofRoseville.com/CityCode
If you have some of that unwanted “Junk,” the City of Roseville will be having a Clean Up Day on April 30th from 8am-3pm. The Clean Up will be located at:
2555 North Dale St., Roseville, MN 55113
Prices for Roseville Clean Up items are as follows:
|Car||$10||Minivan||$18||Trailer (4’ x 4’ x 8’)||$31|
|Pickup Truck||$31||Station Wagon||$11|
|Appliance*||$10||Appliance with Freon*||$16||Auto Batteries||$2|
|Couch||$11||Stuffed Chair||$7||Electronics**||$5 (each)|
|Lawn Mowers/ Snowblowers||$7||Scrap Metal||$7.00/yd||Tires||$2|
|There will be an additional charge for unusual items such as tractor tires and railroad ties|
*Appliances include includes water heaters, microwaves, lawn mowers, dishwashers, washer and dryers. Appliances with Freon include refrigerators, freezers and dehumidifiers.
**Electronics include TVs, computers, monitors and peripherals, VCRs, stereos etc. Computers will be taken to a licensed disassembler and the hard drives scrubbed before recycling.
For more information about the April Clean Up – Visit the City of Roseville Website or Click Here